Each school division maintains Universal Student Accident Insurance coverage, underwritten by Industrial Alliance, for all students attending a school within the division. The program provides basic accident and medical coverage while students attend school or participate in school-organized activities. It also extends to provide coverage to high school students enrolled in an approved course or class outside of school that qualifies for credit in Physical Education. This coverage does not extend to any other activities at times outside of school; i.e. not 24 hour coverage.
This program provides coverage for all full-time students registered in the participating School Divisions, while:
1. In school buildings or on premises by reason of attending classes on any regular school day;
2. In attendance at or participating in any school activity approved and supervised by a proper school authority;
3. Traveling directly to or from any regularly scheduled and approved school activity under the direction or supervision of a proper school authority;
4. Traveling directly to or from their residence and school for the purpose of attending classes or participating in any school sponsored activity;
5. Participating in physical activities taking place as part of the grades 9 to 12 Physical Education Curriculum as approved by proper school authority;
6. Engaged in the performance of the duties assigned to the Insured Person while he/she is participating in a school approved work experience program.
Aggregate Limit of Indemnity: $1,000,000 any one accident.
Note: Coverage is provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of master Policy number 100005613 on file with The Manitoba School Boards Association.
The Universal Student Accident Insurance Program complements but does not replace the Voluntary Student Accident Insurance coverage purchased by parents/guardians.
It is recommended that all parents/guardians consider purchasing Voluntary Student Accident Insurance, which provides 24-hour coverage for all accidents at home, school, sports, organized activities or play for the entire year.
Enrolment and payment continues to be coordinated by HUB International.
Coverage and questions can be directed to (note policy 100005613):
Universal Student Accident Insurance - How to Claim
Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service Inc. must be notified within 90 days of the date of the injury, regardless of whether expenses have been incurred. It is the entire responsibility of the parent or guardian to forward claim forms as indicated. If there is more than one insurance carrier (e.g. Parent’s Group Benefits Plan, Voluntary Student Accident Coverage, etc.), benefits are coordinated. Expenses are to be submitted to the other insurance carrier first; once the Explanation of Benefits is received, please forward it to this plan with copies of the expenses.
Visit the links below to print a claim form or call toll free 1-800-266-5667 or email email@example.com to report a claim.
English Claim Form | French Claim Form
Submit the completed claim form by mail or email (Be sure to note/mention the policy number 100005613):
INDUSTRIAL ALLIANCE INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL SERVICES INC.
400 – 988 Broadway W, PO Box 5900
Vancouver, BC, V6B 5H6
Universal Student Accident Webinar Slides – Dec 2019
Coverage Highlight Document – English
Coverage Highlight Document – French (Coming Soon)
Detailed Coverage Summary – English
Detailed Coverage Summary – French