You finally found the right boat but you aren’t quite ready to take it out on the water. Let’s eliminate any uncertainties so you can enjoy the real fun!
Before you launch your boat you’ll need to know where your homeowner’s policy ends and where your boat owner’s policy should start. Boat insurance covers you from trailering to the marina, to side-swiping a dock, to reimbursing you for weather-damaged equipment, and perhaps most importantly, covering you in case you, your passengers or anyone else is injured due to negligence.
From small fishing boats all the way to the unique needs of ocean-going mega-yachts with on-board crews we’ll ensure you’re properly covered.
Contact a HUB Broker to get started.
Boat insurance can protect all motorized water vehicles, including fishing boats, pontoon boats, yachts and jet skis and can be specific for coverage for inland waterways or coastal waters.
Boat Insurance Coverage typically includes:
- Permanently attached equipment as part of either an actual cash value policy for replacement less depreciation or on an agreed amount value basis based on a predetermined agreement with the carrier.
Boat Insurance Coverage can be triggered by:
- Bodily injury caused to another person
- Property damage caused to someone else’s property
- Guest/passenger liability for legal expenses incurred by someone using the boat with the owner’s permission
- Medical payments for injuries to the boat owner and other passengers