Healthcare organizations are responsible for providing a safe and secure work environment for employees and an environment of care for patients. Everyone involved in healthcare risk management, safety, security and patient care must be aware of the issues related to workplace violence and the steps necessary to address this threat. This webinar will be of interest to healthcare organizations in both the U.S. and Canada.
You will learn:
- The scope of workplace violence in healthcare organizations
- 12 recommended training topics for management and employees
- 10 risk factors for healthcare and social service employees and institutions
- 6 elements of effective violence prevention programs
- 3 steps to analyzing the patient and workplace environment
- The regulatory framework from OSHA, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and The Joint Commission
- Mitigation, prevention and control strategies
- Resources available to assist you in addressing workplace violence
Who should attend?
- Hospital, Allied and other Healthcare Administrators
- Risk Managers
- Safety Managers
- Patient Safety Advocates
- Emergency Room Managers
- Healthcare Department Managers
- Hospital and Healthcare Security Managers
Cynthia Green, Clinical Risk Manager, HUB International
For over 15 years, Cynthia Green has worked in acute care and hospital settings, providing Risk Management and Corporate Compliance leadership, support and services to the healthcare team, including the CEO and Board of Trustees. Ms. Green's role as Director of Risk Management within the acute care setting consisted of assessing sources of loss by identifying exposures and establishing loss prevention and control techniques and strategies.
James E. Burke, Sr. Risk Consultant; HUB International; CSP, ARM, CHMM, ABCP, CHSP, CFPS
James Burke is an environmental health and safety manager and insurance risk control professional with over 30 years of experience implementing successful corporate and site-specific environmental health and safety programs; developing and implementing risk minimization and mitigation strategies; and advising businesses on proven best practices for protecting persons, property and reputation.