If you rent a house or apartment, your landlord’s insurance only covers the cost to repair the building if there is a fire or other disaster. You need your own coverage to financially protect yourself and your personal property.

A HUB Personal Insurance expert can help you obtain the Tenant or Renter’s Policy that best meets your needs.

Some important coverage options include:

  • Personal Liability Coverage: Protects you if you are sued for causing accidental bodily injury or damage to the property of others.
  • Theft Coverage: Provides protection if your personal property is stolen.
  • Replacement Cost Coverage: Safeguards you against depreciation and pays to completely replace an item in the event of a loss to your personal property.
  • Cash Settlement Option*: If a covered loss occurs to your personal property, you can choose to receive a cash settlement, with no requirement to repair or replace the item.
  • Water Backup Option*: Provides protection for damages caused by water backup through sewers and drains.
  • Valuable Articles Coverage: Provides protection for your jewelry, art, collectibles, antiques or memorabilia. 

*May not be available in some states or from some insurers.

Contact a HUB Personal Insurance specialist today.

Related Coverages

Ask an Advisor

Find answers to all of your insurance questions by asking one of our advisors. We'll answer your questions and help you shop for, compare, buy, and manage your insurance program.




State / Province:

Please check the box below if you would like us to post your question to the FAQ section.