Are you aware that if you or the prior owners made permanent upgrades to your condo, such as wall coverings, cabinetry, bookcases, flooring, or renovations to a kitchen or bathroom, you may no longer be covered by your building association’s policy?

HUB International condo and co-op insurance specialists can help you get the right amount of coverage for permanent “additions and alterations” and avoid costly surprises at the time of a loss.

We specialize in tailored condo and co-op insurance solutions for:

  • Loss Assessment Coverage: Covers the unit owner’s share of the cost in cases when the association insurance policy is not sufficient to cover total damage to the building or a lawsuit against the association.
  • Personal Property Coverage: Protects your contents against loss, both on and off the premises. 
  • Valuable Articles Coverage: Provides a limited amount of coverage for your jewelry, furs, silver, etc. with further protection available by adding a rider to your policy. 
  • Liability Coverage: Avoid costly lawsuits due to such occurrences as accidental water damage to a neighbor’s unit or someone slipping and falling in your condo by securing the right amount of liability coverage.
  • Comprehensive Personal Liability Coverage:  Provides protection both on and off the premises if you and your family are sued. 

Contact a HUB Specialist today.

Related Coverages

Ask an Advisor

Find answers to all of your insurance questions by asking one of our advisors. We'll answer your questions and help you shop for, compare, buy, and manage your insurance program.




State / Province:

Please check the box below if you would like us to post your question to the FAQ section.


  • Home Improvement Checklist: Seek the guidance of an insurance professional or attorney before embarking on significant home improvement projects. Read these tips from HUB before you get started.
  • Disaster Preparedness Checklist: Disaster can strike when you least expect it. Review HUB’s Disaster Preparedness Checklist to ensure you and your family are ready for such circumstances.
  • Wildfire Preparedness Checklist: Few events are more terrifying than a wildfire threatening your home and the safety of your family. Use this checklist to learn the precautions to take now to ensure that you can evacuate your family safely, when needed.
  • Earthquake Safety Checklist: Learn how proper planning and preparation can reduce the risk of property damage and personal injury.
  • Hurricane Safety Checklist: Use this checklist to help prepare your home and family for a hurricane and ensure you have the right insurance coverage
  • Guide to Protecting your Jewelry: Learn why your homeowner’s policy may not provide the protection you need and what you can do about it
  • Guide to Protecting Your Wine Collection: Learn how to protect your valued wine collection with the right insurance as well as a review of the risks you face with regard to storage and shipping.
  • Guide to Protecting Your Fine Arts Collection: Steps you can take to properly care for and prevent damage to your fine arts collection.