Commercial property insurance coverage is a necessity for any business owner. It covers most financial losses you may experience in the event the physical assets of your business – the building, equipment or outdoor fixtures -- are damaged.

Commercial property insurance coverage safeguards a company’s buildings, contents, equipment, and other real and personal property.

This includes:

  • Inventory
  • Improvements made to the property
  • Furniture, equipment (owned or leased) and supplies
  • Computers and data processing equipment
  • Records, valuable papers and other documents
  • Fences, signs, and other outdoor property not attached to a building

Typical coverage extends to losses resulting from events such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning strike, hail, or windstorm
  • Explosion
  • Riot, strike or other civil commotion
  • Damage caused by vehicles, vandalism and aircraft

Additional coverage, called endorsements, can fill in where basic property coverage ends. These include coverage for:

  • Floods, earthquakes and volcanoes
  • Building collapse and glass breakage
  • Business income
  • Equipment breakdown

Business property insurance coverage can be customized to meet the needs of most businesses. You should also consider insuring the business interruption loss that would accompany damage to your property.

From small businesses to large national corporations, HUB can help you meet the challenges for the future.

Contact a HUB Specialist today.

Related Coverages

Ask an Advisor

Find answers to all of your insurance questions by asking one of our advisors. We'll answer your questions and help you shop for, compare, buy, and manage your insurance program.




State / Province:

Please check the box below if you would like us to post your question to the FAQ section.