Home Insurance St. Catharines, ON
Home Insurance St. Catharines, ON
Protect One of Life’s Biggest Investments
Home Insurance Details
Home insurance in St. Catharines is all about managing the potential threats and perils to your home. You’ll want to be protected in case of a fire, theft and vandalism, damaging storms, lightning and broken windows. This coverage is standard in most comprehensive home insurance policies. Depending on where you live, though, you may want to consider these extra coverages:
- Flood Coverage – This protects your home in the case of damaging floods that can destroy furnishings and even the structure of your home. Flash floods come without warning and can be devastating to a home.
- Earthquake Coverage – Though rare in this part of Canada, even a small earthquake has the potential to cause structural damage to a home. Because the event is uncommon, the coverage is typically affordable.
- Cold Weather Coverage – When the temperature dips below freezing, damage can occur to roofs from ice buildup. It’s also important to have appropriate personal liability coverage, too, in case a person slips on ice on your property.
With its abundance of water and proximity to Lake Ontario, the Welland Canal, and streams and rivers, the St. Catharines area could be prone to flooding. Though its temperature is fairly moderate, the city experiences cold temperatures and ice in the winter. Our team will help you manage the risks to your home with a customized policy for home insurance in St. Catharines.
Our insurance experts will make sure you get enough the right amount of coverage for your St. Catharines home. Purchasing excessive coverage drives your premiums up, while not having enough coverage puts you at risk for devastating expenses. There is a fine line and a balance to buying the appropriate home insurance. Here are the four basic types of home insurance in St. Catharines.
- Comprehensive – This is the bread and butter of a strong home insurance policy. It protects your home’s structure and contents from most forms of damage. It makes up the biggest share of your premiums. It is important to fully understand what is covered and what is excluded.
- Basic or Named Perils – This type of coverage specifically names what is and what is not covered in your policy. It allows for a high degree of customization.
- Broad. – This coverage is a bit of a hybrid between the two coverages just mentioned. Personal property is only protected for certain named threats, while the home’s structure is broadly protected against damage or loss, though some exclusions may be stipulated.
- No Frills – This type of policy provides minimal coverage for your home and as such comes with lower premiums. It may not meet underwriting standards for home lenders.
We will do our part to find the best value policy for you by searching through a wide selection of insurance carriers. In addition, we can suggest a number of ways to get your premiums down, while still adequately protecting your home. These initiatives save you money and are a good way to make home insurance in St. Catharines even more affordable.
You can install smoke detectors, carbon dioxide detectors and home alarms to bring down premiums. Discounts are often given if you belong to a particular association such as an alumni group. Another popular way to save is by bundling all of your insurance coverages with one company. Other ways to save include taking a senior citizen discount and increasing your deductibles.