Car Insurance St. Catharines, ON
Car Insurance Details
With car insurance in St. Catharines, it’s all about the ideal mix for each driver. We know that each person is different and we seek to listen to your needs and suggest the right products. Our team has a wide variety of carriers to choose from and they will pursue every possibility to get the best policy for you.
Once we have your age, your vehicle’s year, make and model, and your driving history we can get to work. We will consider the following factors in building your policy:
- Liability limits (a minimum of $200,000 is required but more can be added)
- Extra insurance if you have a classic car
- Towing and labor coverage
- Glass breakage and windshield replacement coverage
- Electronic equipment coverage
- Worldwide liability coverage
These are just a few of the basic coverages to consider for car insurance in St. Catharines. We also deal in underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage, cold weather features, replacement costs and variable deductibles. Our goal is to help you find the perfect mix that protects you in the case of an accident or other damage to your auto, but that doesn’t cost too much each month.
Insurance in general comes with its own terminology, and auto insurance is no exception. The more you understand the easier it is to make smart decisions. We are happy to help you sort through the complexities of auto insurance. Here are four basic types of coverage:
- Liability. If you get in an accident and it is your fault, you need liability coverage. Canada law requires each driver have minimum liability coverage of up to $200,000. While this is usually enough to cover the property damage of a vehicle, it may not be enough if there are serious injuries due to a crash. It’s worth considering upping this coverage to be protected.
- Collision Coverage. This pays for damage to your car in an accident. It is typically closely correlated to the value of your auto. For example, if your car is worth $20,000 you would need coverage for this amount if your car was totaled. If you don’t have enough coverage then you might have to pay the remainder out of your own pocket..
- Comprehensive Coverage. Cars can be damaged even when they are not on the road. A hailstorm could ruin the finish of your car and seriously lower its value. High winds could drop a tree on your auto and total it. This is what comprehensive coverage is for. It is similar to collision coverage, but if covers different situations.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Coverage. This coverage is relevant if you get hit by a driver who doesn’t have enough insurance, or doesn’t have any auto insurance. It provides peace of mind in case you face this unfortunate situation.
Each policy is a mixture of these four basic types of coverage. We help you sift through the pros and cons of each of these, and craft a policy that reflects your unique needs. There’s no sense paying for something you don’t need, but you don’t want to leave yourself vulnerable to crushing expenses.
Not only will we work with you to get you a great policy, we will also search through dozens of carriers to get you the best deal. We strive to get you the policy and premiums that make the most sense.
Get a Quote for Car Insurance in St. Catharines
In order to get started on your personalized car insurance in St. Catharines, fill out your information to get a tailored quote. We will go over your options and provide you with a comprehensive auto policy.