Car Insurance in Ottawa, ON
Car Insurance Details
When it comes to car insurance, our brokers seek to build a policy especially for you. This depends on the vehicle you drive, how many miles a month you travel, your budget and several other factors. We’ll look to customize many of these factors:
- Insurance for your type of vehicle
- Worldwide liability coverage
- Towing and labor options
- Replacement costs for your year, make and model
- Windshield and glass breakage coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
We can explain all of the details if you have questions about coverage limits, options and deductibles. Your budget is something we take into account as we put together the best car insurance in Ottawa we can.
We can also set up payment plans that are convenient for you, and we will look at all of the factors to keep your costs low while still making sure you have adequate insurance. Our goal is to protect your investment and give your peace of mind.
No matter where you live the basics of car insurance are similar throughout the country. With a good understanding of these terms, you are in a better position to choose the best policy for you. Here’s a breakdown of the main types of car insurance in Ottawa (and Canada as a whole):
- Liability – This is the foundation of most policies and essentially pays for the other driver’s expenses if you cause an accident. It covers the property damage of the vehicle as well as medical expenses for anyone injured in the accident. It will also cover death benefits and funeral expenses. In Canada, you must have at least $200,000 in liability coverage.
- Collision Coverage – This is for damages to your car. It is not mandatory but it is a good idea, especially if your vehicle is still worth a lot of money, or if you still owe money on it. If you have a car loan, the lender may require you have sufficient collision coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage – This type of insurance covers a wide range of situations: damage to your car from weather events such as hail, damage from vandalism and damage from something falling on your car. Without this coverage, you would have to pay the repairs, which could be substantial. It provides peace of mind and financial protection.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Auto Coverage – If you are in an auto accident where the other driver does not have adequate insurance, or worse flees the scene, you could be on the hook for the costs to your car. This coverage protects you in situations like this and will pay to repair or replace your vehicle, as well as any medical bills.
Your policy is the mix of all of these types of coverages. In many cases, the decision is up to you on how you want to build your policy. While some coverages, such as liability, have minimums that you must purchase, the rest is largely up to you. Generally, the more coverage you have, the higher your premiums. Other factors, such as age, gender and driving history may also come into play.
Ensure You Have Coverage
Contact HUB International to get a quote for car insurance in Ottawa. We will answer any questions you have on a personalized auto policy that is perfect for your needs. The right policy will protect your property and give you peace of mind as you drive in Ottawa and elsewhere.