Leamington Car Insurance
Car Insurance Details
You may have heard terms like collision or comprehensive throughout your driving career, but do they mean anything to you when you first set up your Leamington car insurance policy? At HUB, we want you to understand exactly what you are getting and how much you are getting it for. Our agents take the time to explain the different types of coverage for you. Our goal is to make sure you get the coverage you need without adding unnecessary costs.
In Ontario, the law requires that drivers have several types of car insurance, including the following:
- Direct Compensation: This type of insurance covers any damage that is caused to your car in an accident if you are not the at-fault driver.
- Liability Coverage: If you are the at-fault driver and damage property or injure someone else, liability coverage pays out on your behalf.
- Accidents Benefits Coverage: Medical expenses and other costs are covered no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage: This coverage kicks in and becomes important if you are in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance or who doesn’t have enough insurance to cover the charges.
While these are the types of insurance that are required by law for every driver once they are on the road, there are other additions HUB International can add to your Leamington car insurance policy to give you increased protection and peace of mind. Some of these inclusions are in the following:
- Collision or Upset Coverage: When damage to your car is caused by a collision with another object or vehicle, collision coverage has you protected.
- Specified Perils: This protects from perils such as floods, theft, hail or fire.
- All Perils: This combines comprehensive coverage with collision or upset coverage and includes increased theft protection for your vehicle.
- Uninterrupted Driving Coverage: Allows you to travel between the United States and Canada with coverage for towing, a temporary rental car or rental car insurance.
- Replace Value: If your vehicle is lost due to extreme damage or theft, you get the replacement value of your car from this addition to your coverage.
Every situation is unique, and every family requires a different plan to minimize their risks. That’s why our insurance agents are prepared to offer a quote with extensive details about deductibles, liability and premiums.
One reason it is hard to give a blanket estimate for Leamington car insurance is that there are many factors that are included in a quote. That’s why it’s important to discuss your specific needs with an insurance agent from HUB International. Some of the things that can decrease or increase your insurance premiums include the following:
- The model, make and year of your car are considered when an agent gives you a price. The type of car you have will specify the safety features, values and the cost of repairs to your specific car.
- Your driving record and the record of anyone who is on your insurance policy. This will include accidents, speeding tickets and the number of years you’ve had your license.
- Any add-ons you choose, and your coverage options will affect the overall cost of your premiums but may save you money if you are in an accident.
- The number of kilometers you drive each year and how often you use your car for personal reasons or business reasons can also affect your insurance quote.
- The area you live in can affect the cost of your premiums.
- If you have additional policies (home, life, business) with the company, there may be additional discounts that our agents can access to save you money.
Accidents happen to reckless drivers and to careful drivers. No matter how cautious you are, it is extremely important to your financial future that you have the appropriate coverage in case you are involved in an accident.