Ensure a great performance with affordable liability coverage made for you
Delighting audiences is what it’s all about. But accidents can happen at any show: a spectator could get injured or property damaged. Commercial general liability coverage protects you from the financial impact of such events so your show can always go on.
To speak with a HUB Advisor directly, call 416.597.4001
About the Program
With commercial general liability coverage, your act is secure. Designed specifically for Canadian performers, your coverage will protect you against the financial impact of claims arising from accidental injuries or property damage to a third party as a result of alleged acts of negligence and/or omission. This coverage will also meet the insurance requirements of most of the event organizers that book your act.
Coverage is available for the following types of performers:
- Bingo callers
- Caricature and cartoon artists
- Face painters
- Glitter tattoo artists
- Living statues
- MCs and public speakers
- Pavement artists
- Stilt walkers
- Trivia hosts
Your premium will vary depending on the type of performer you are.
To be eligible for performer general liability insurance, you must be over 18 years of age, a resident of Canada, and your gross income from performing activities must be less than $100,000.
In addition, your acts must NOT include:
- Any fire use
- Acrobatic or aerial performance
- Animals (except birds or rabbits)
- Body piercing or sword swallowing
- Fire breathers
- Fire dancers
This program is for LIABILITY coverage ONLY. It protects the insured performer when negligent acts and/or omissions result in bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party. The policy DOES NOT cover injury to the insured performer themselves or damage to the insured performer’s property/equipment (Property coverage); errors and omissions causing financial damage (vs property damage or physical injury) to another person (Errors & Omissions coverage); or cyber liability. Contact HUB to inquire about or arrange for these other important coverages.
Some other important things to note about coverage under the HUB Performers Program:
- You can purchase this insurance at any time. Your coverage will begin on the day you make your purchase and will stay in place for 12 months.
- Coverage applies only within Canada.
- Coverage applies to only to the individual purchasing this insurance unless you opt to cover employees who assist you as part of your act.
- Coverage only extends to the type of act(s)/activity(ies) declared in the application. If you require coverage for other activities/business not declared in the application, contact HUB.
Commercial general liability limit: $2,000,000
Covers third-party bodily injury and property damage
- Employees as additional insureds (if option is selected)
- Contingent employer’s liability
- Personal injury
- Products and completed operations
- Cross liability/severability of insureds
- Incidental medical malpractice
- Occurrence property damage
- Blanket contractual - provides coverage when you enter into an insured contract
- Broad form property damage
- Owners and contractor’s protective - covers the insured's liability for bodily injury and property damage caused, in whole or in part, by an independent contractor's work for the insured
- Medical payments
- Attached machinery
- Limited fungi and fungal derivatives coverage
Communicable Disease Exclusion:
We will not pay for any loss or expense caused directly or indirectly by or resulting from the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
It is understood and agreed that this policy does not cover any loss caused by, contributed to by or attributable to, directly or indirectly, a Communicable Disease or fear or threat of a Communicable Disease.
Aviva Insurance, through K&K Insurance Co., is the program insurer. K&K focuses exclusively on risks found in the sports, leisure and entertainment industries.Buy Now
The insurance premium under this program is non-refundable. If you cancel your policy, you will not receive any money back.
You can extend coverage to up to five (5) employees that assist you as part of your act at an additional cost of $50 per employee. This is not intended to cover other performers that might be part of the act.
Applicable taxes are not included in the costs indicated below.
|Type of performer||Bingo callers, face painters,
caricature and cartoon artists,
emcees/public speakers, comedians,
pavement artists, poets, living statues,
glitter tattoo artists and trivia hosts
|Buskers, clowns, DJs,
jugglers, magicians, musicians,
pavement artists and stilt walkers
|FEO member discount|
|Administrative handling fee||$80.00||$110.00||$80.00|