Meet the Team: Alan Hollingsworth
Chief Sales Officer – Ontario Region
In his capacity as Chief Sales Officer for HUB Ontario, Alan leads a large sales force spread across the region and is accountable for the region’s overall sales performance. He also heads Canada’s leading Sports, Entertainment & Media insurance practice which manages a significant premium volume with accounts that span the sports, film, entertainment, events, music and media sectors. Personally, his current focus is mainly on sports and large venue related accounts while his specialized team members handle other segments, notably film and events.
- Named a PowerBroker Award winner in the Entertainment/Media and the “Top 40 Under 40” categories by Risk & Insurance Magazine.
- Featured in a “Meet your Broker” interview in Insurance Business Magazine.
- Is a frequent entertainment and media risks and risk solutions public speaker. He has spoken on Event Liability and Loss Control for the International Event Safety Committee, and on Risk Management – “Are You Sure You are Insured?” at Event Sensations, Canada's premier conference for event professionals and presents annually at the Osgoode Law School Entertainment Law Diploma program.
- Former Board Member for the North American Contingency Association
- Involved in various capacities with such as the Canadian Special Event Society, International Event Safety Association, Bizbash (Toronto), Canadian Film Centre Telefilm, ACTRA, Restaurants Canada Association, TIFF, Ontario Soccer Summit Conference.
Alan incorporates sports and entertainment into his personal life as well. He currently coaches in the Burlington Soccer Club system and is a 20+ year member of the Ontario Soccer Association as player. He is a former Chair of the Covenant House Sleep Out Fundraiser and the HUB HKMB United Way Employee Campaign (where he organized two charity soccer matches at BMO Field which raised over $35,000).
Alan holds the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation, obtained through the University of Toronto.