Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
Protect Your Office/Clinic
Keeping a medical office or clinic running safely, effectively and profitably is challenging. That’s why the OMA and HUB developed a customized insurance solution to help physicians and clinic administrators proactively protect their medical office.
Your time is precious. Take advantage of easy online purchase for basic coverage. Some restrictions apply.
About the Program
As a medical professional, your first concern is for your patients. As a business owner, you need to think about keeping risks and losses to a minimum.
Accidents happen, and loss or theft can occur even in the best-run medical offices/clinics. For instance, what would happen:
- if your patient records were destroyed by a fire
- if your computer equipment was stolen
- if your expensive medical equipment broke down
Are you insulated from the resulting financial repercussions and the cost of the potential interruption to your business? With proper planning and correct coverage you can be.
Our goal is to help you maintain control over your business assets and protect your future. Let us help you identify ways to get better coverage, reduce risks, and manage the total cost of your insurance program.
PLUS! Help for your specialized personal insurance needs
Current Coverage with Chubb or The Guarantee?
HUB’s Private Client Group is standing ready to handle the personal insurance needs of those OMA members currently insured with specialty insurance companies Chubb or The Guarantee.
We can help you evaluate your insurance needs and choose the right coverage for high value homes and unique risks such as vacation homes, U.S. properties, watercraft, domestic staffing, valuable articles and personal excess liability. We also offer actionable advice on critical trends in insurance and risk management. Contact HUB to start the conversation.
HUB can arrange coverage for physicians who operate a home-based practice.
HUB may be able to help if, for unique reasons, you do not qualify for coverage under the OMA Auto & Home Insurance Group Program handled by The Personal.
OMA Auto & Home Insurance Program
OMA Auto & Home Insurance provides preferred group rates and comprehensive coverage to give you peace of mind at home and on the road. OMA members, their employees, retirees, spouses and dependents are eligible for this offer. Learn moreBuy Now
The HUB OMA insurance program for medical offices/clinics offers a package of core coverages and a variety of extended coverage options including Cyber Liability. Together, these cover a wide range of risks faced by physicians and medical offices/clinics and offer you the flexibility to determine the types and amount of coverage you need.
- Damage to business property including buildings, contents, medical equipment, and revenue loss due to work interruption arising from an insured loss.
- Damage to computers and electronic media
- Loss or damage to valuable papers and records including accounts receivable records
- Equipment breakdown
- Business interruption and lost income
- Bodily injury and property damage sustained by others at your premises/clinics including the cost of legal services to defend against such liability claims, regardless of who’s at fault
- Employee theft losses, including due to dishonesty, fraud, or theft of money, securities or other property owned by the office/clinic
- Legal expenses
- Expenses related to identity theft recovery
- Disease outbreak (causing additional expenses including temporary relocation of your office/clinic in order to continue normal operations following a closure order by a public health authority as a direct result of an outbreak of a human communicable disease)
- Social engineering fraud
Cyber Liability Coverage
Consider adding a cyber liability endorsement to your office/clinic coverage to protect you if a privacy breach occurs. This endorsement can be added at any time to a new or existing office/clinic policy. No additional application is required.
Proactive Breach Services:
- On-demand, web-based training platform for important privacy breach issues such as compliance, privacy security, and privacy
- Access to a customizable privacy breach incident response plan, essential to minimizing the impact and potential fallout of a breach
Reactive Breach Services:
- Assistance in preparing notification to impacted individuals that complies with regulatory requirements
- Computer forensic services to determine if a privacy breach has occurred and to assess the severity of the breach
- Public relations assistance to help restore your business reputation
- Credit or fraud monitoring for your customers affected by the breach
- Time-saving, professional crisis management service to guide you in handling a breach
- First party privacy breach expense coverage: Limits from $25,000 - $100,000*
- Cyber business interruption loss coverage: Limits from $25,000 - $100,000*
- Cyber legal expense coverage: Limits of $25,000 and $50,000
* Per claim in the aggregate
This program is underwritten by Novex Insurance and its property and casualty insurance company affiliates. The above contains only general descriptions of coverages that may be provided and does not include all of the features, exclusions, and conditions of the policies it describes. Certain coverages, features, and credits vary by province and may not be available to all insureds. All coverages are individually underwritten.Buy Now
Online purchase of OMA Office/Clinic Insurance is available for offices/clinics that meet the following criteria:
Are owned/operated by OMA members or are staffed by OMA member physicians. You will be asked to provide your OMA membership number or the OMA membership number of one of your staff physicians to validate the transaction.
The Office/Clinic has had zero claims within the last three (3) years.
The space in which the Office/Clinic is located is not owned by the OMA member physician(s) that practice(s) there.
If you are not eligible to purchase online or require higher limits of insurance, contact HUB at 1-855-662-0500.
Office/Clinic Coverage Options
|Packages Available Online||Standard Clinic Package*||Liability Buy-Down Clinic Package* †||Locum Package|
|General Liability Limit||$5,000,000||$2,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Professional Liability Limit||$100,000||$100,000||$100,000|
|Social Engineering Limit||$10,000||$10,000||N/A|
|Business Interruption Limit||Included||Included||Not Included|
* For Office/Clinics with multiple medical practitioners, additional premium of $150.00 per additional medical practitioner will be applied.
† Reduced Liability, Contents and Crime coverage limits.
Optional Cyber Coverages
|Privacy Breach Expense||$96.00||$150.00||$175.00||$200.00|
|Cyber Business Interruption||Incl||$30.00||$44.00||$56.00|
|Cyber Legal Expense||Incl||$60.00||n/a||n/a|