Forest Home Insurance, ON
Home Insurance Details
There are very few things in life you can purchase that are more important than your home. Your house is the place you sleep, eat, and store your belongings, but it is also so much more than that. Your home is where you gather with loved ones and can relax in a space that is truly your own. You’ve likely put time, money, and effort into making the most out of your home.
However, there are many unfortunate circumstances that can damage the home you’ve worked so hard on in a moment. The Forest home insurance plan you choose is your best line of protection against events that you have no control over. An essential aspect of a Forest home insurance plan is to provide dwelling coverage, which covers the structure of your home and its integral systems. However, your insurance will only provide coverage for mishaps that are listed in the policy. Fortunately, the list of common perils that are included in a typical insurance policy is rather inclusive:
- Fire, smoke, explosions and lightning damage: The effects of a home fire can be devastating, but the structure of your house is covered unless the fire was caused due to arson or occurred when uninhabited for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Windstorms and hail: Windstorms covered can include high winds, tornados, cyclones and hurricanes. Large gusts of wind can cause your fencing and landscaping to break loose and even damage the interior of your house if a window is broken.
- The weight of ice, snow or sleet: Your policy should cover you in the event that your roof collapses under the weight of heavy snow or ice.
- Water damage: Most homeowners insurance policies will only cover certain types of water damage. Pipes or water heaters that burst suddenly are often covered, but floods or sewer backup requires a separate policy.
- Falling objects: A falling object can break through your roof unexpectedly and cause extensive damage. Whether hit by a tree, satellite, or asteroid, your insurance will help you recover from the blow.
- Damage from aircraft or vehicle: In the rare circumstance that a plane, car or other vehicle crashes into your home, your plan should cover the extensive damages.
- Theft or vandalism: If an intruder damages your home trying to break in or someone purposely vandalizes your property, your insurance plan will help cover the cost of repairs.
If affected by any of these covered perils, your Forest home insurance plan can cover the cost of repairs to your home and other structures on your property. You will also be compensated for needing to live somewhere else while your home is being remediated.
If your belongings are damaged or lost due to a covered peril, your Forest home insurance plan can help you cover the costs of repairing or replacing these items. Once your deductible is met, your policy may pay either the actual cash value of the item or the cost of replacing the item completely. Your plan even covers you in the event your contents are stolen when not in your home, such as in a storage unit or in your car. You will want to work with one of our agents to make sure your coverage limits are high enough to cover your belongings. For high-value items such as jewelry or art, you can purchase a separate policy to ensure you’re adequately covered.
Who Should I Talk To?
Our agents at HUB International can help you better understand your policy and review your situation to ensure you’re getting the right amount of coverage. If you have any questions or concerns about your Forest home insurance, contact us today.