(Updated April 1, 2022)
This privacy statement is being provided by Hub International Limited and its subsidiaries listed here to you, our current or prospective consumer client, to provide you information about our privacy practices, both during and after our direct business relationship with you. This statement applies to your personal information that we may from time to time collect, use and disclose in the course of (1) performing insurance brokerage or other insurance or financial industry services on your behalf and (2) making available our websites, including hubinternational.com. We take very seriously our privacy responsibilities to you, and we are committed to treating your personal information in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this statement. Please read this statement carefully.
Please review the Hub International Privacy Notice for California for information about our privacy practices regarding personal information of residents of the State of California.
We are generally unable to perform insurance brokerage or other insurance or financial industry services on your behalf without collecting, using or disclosing your personal information. Typically, you will provide this required information to us directly within insurance applications or in connection with other communications. Other times, we may receive this and other personal information from third parties, including insurance carriers and other industry service providers, and other third parties with which you maintain a relationship (for example, your employer or financial service or medical or health providers). We may also develop this information over time based on your direct or indirect interactions with us, such as through the use of “cookies” on our websites.
We generally collect the amount and types of personal information that are required for us to perform services on your behalf. This includes information that may be required by an insurance carrier or an industry service provider in the course of providing you with insurance coverage or related services. If you use our websites, we may collect information about your device, browser and other information regarding your web usage using tracking tools described in this policy. This and other information may include:
- your name, Social Security Number, driver’s license or other government-issued identification;
- assets and income, occupation and employment status, dependent information and other relevant financial information;
- information relating to any of your past claims;
- information from reporting agencies and state and federal government agencies, such as state motor vehicle departments;
- information from other sources, such as medical or health care providers and other third parties with which you or we maintain a relationship;
- your account activity and premium payment history;
- credit card, bank account or other account information as may be required to facilitate your payment of insurance premium or similar amounts, which payment generally is made through systems maintained by third parties, such as insurance carriers; and
- passive tracking information from our website or the Internet, including information obtained through the use of internet “cookies.”
Sharing of Information
We generally share your personal information to perform services on your behalf and provide you with the insurance products and services you expect from us. Information technology and other support service providers with which we maintain an arrangement may also have access to your personal information to allow us to operate our business and to provide you with our services. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, other than in connection with a merger, sale, or other transfer of organizational assets where personal information held by us about our clients is among the assets transferred.
We may from time to time share your personal information for the following reasons:
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and for our everyday business purposes, such as to obtain quotations for insurance or other insurance or financial industry services (including those procured proactively and/or in connection with the movement of a book of business from one provider to another) on your behalf; to obtain insurance (or similar products) on your behalf or to facilitate the performance of related services by other industry service providers; to maintain or service your account or insurance, including by reporting claims of loss to other industry service providers, such as insurance carriers and adjusters; to evaluate our performance or offerings; and to make reports to credit bureaus. We may also save your information to facilitate new quotations or placements.
- for legal reasons, such as to make required or advisable reports to insurance regulatory, law enforcement or other similarly situated authorities; to respond to and comply with court orders, applicable law and other legal requirements; and to defend ourselves against claims and to enforce our rights or protect our employees or property.
- for our marketing purposes so that we may offer you our products and services, including through the use of targeted or similar advertising on the internet.
- for joint marketing purposes so that we and any third-party product or service provider may together offer you products and services.
- for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes, such as to process or service transactions or to provide or receive shared organizational services.
- for our affiliates’ or non-affiliates’ marketing purposes so that they may offer you their products and services.
- for other purposes as may be permitted by law.
To Limit Our Sharing of Information
To limit our sharing of your personal information with affiliates or non-affiliates for marketing purposes (and for any other purpose which applicable law provides you a right to require us to limit our sharing of your personal information), you may at any time submit a request to us by:
- Calling us at 866-415-2207.
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
- Completing the form available
Other Important Website Information
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through our website, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the mailing address shown beneath the heading “Your Right to Review Your Information”.
Information Security Practices
We maintain technical and organizational security measures reasonably designed to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of information cannot be guaranteed. If you have reason to believe that your personal information maintained by us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us utilizing contact information set forth in this statement. In the event of a breach impacting your personal information, we intend to provide you with notification to the extent required by applicable law.
Updates to Statement
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. The latest version of this statement will be posted on our website at the page it has historically appeared. Sometimes there may be a material change to this statement that we wish to apply retroactively. If so, we will notify you and obtain your consent to the extent required by law. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes with respect to your use of our website.
Your Right to Review Your Information
You may have the right to review your personal information that we could reasonably locate and retrieve, and to request that we correct, amend or delete any inaccurate information. To make a related request, or to ask any question concerning this statement, you can write us at:
Chief Legal Officer
Hub International Limited
150 N Riverside Plaza, 17th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Please include your name, address, telephone number and email address whenever you contact us, including by email. This helps us handle your request correctly.