Renters Insurance

If you rent a house or apartment, your landlord’s insurance only covers the cost to repair the building if there is a fire or other disaster. You need your own insurance coverage to protect yourself and your personal property.

Connect with a HUB Personal Insurance broker to help you obtain the Renters Policy that best meets your needs.

Some important coverage options to consider:

  • Personal Liability Coverage - Protects you if you are sued for causing accidental bodily injury or damage to the property of others.
  • Theft Coverage - Provides protection if your personal property is stolen.
  • Replacement Cost Coverage - Safeguards you against depreciation and pays to completely replace an item in the event of a loss to your personal property.
  • Cash Settlement Option* - If a covered loss occurs to your personal property, you can choose to receive a cash settlement, with no requirement to repair or replace the item.
  • Water Backup Option* - Provides protection for damages caused by water backup through sewers and drains.
  • Valuable Articles Coverage - Provides protection for your jewelry, art, collectibles, antiques or memorabilia.

*May not be available in some states or from some insurers.

Resources for Renters

US:  Lack of Renters Insurance Invites Risk in Booming Rental Market

Canada:  Forego Renters insurance at Your Own Risk

Contact a HUB Personal Insurance broker today for a quote.

Related Coverages

Auto Insurance Boat InsuranceCondo Insurance and Co-op Insurance Homeowners Insurance