Frequently Asked Questions
Are all United Churches in Canada participating in this insurance program?
No, only churches that are themselves covered by the UCC Protect General Insurance Plan for The United Church of Canada are participating. If your church has told you about the Third Party Event Liability coverage, then they are most likely participating in this insurance program.
Can I purchase coverage online for any type of event or activity held at a United Church?
No. If you wish to purchase Liability Insurance for Exercise Classes or Sporting Events, or if your event will have more than 250 people attending, or your event includes any of the Ineligible Activities noted below, you must contact HUB HKMB to arrange coverage.
- Fireworks / Bonfires
- Bouncy Castles or Inflatable Playgrounds
- Motorized Activities
- Archery or Shooting
- Amusement Arcades
- Bucking Broncos
- Pub Nights
For what type of meeting, event or party can I purchase coverage online?
- Support or Self Help Group Meetings e.g., Alcoholics Anonymous
- Wedding receptions
- Performances e.g., concerts, plays
- Choir Practices
- Group or Individual Classes e.g., singing or music lessons, but NOT exercise classes
- Community or Fundraising Events e.g., bake sales, rummage sales, quilt shows, scrapbooking
- Birthday Parties
What if my event does not fit in any of those categories?
Please contact HUB HKMB.