College of Alberta Professional Foresters
Thank you for your interest in our Professional Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance (E&O) Program. We have worked with our underwriters to design a liability package specifically designed for the needs of members of the College of Alberta Professional Foresters. Commercial General Liability (CGL) is also available which may be of interest. We recommend that you add the coverage for your protection, however, often times it is a contractual requirement to carry CGL coverage. Property insurance is also available in conjunction with E&O and CGL insurance.
Please note the following details of the group policy:
- Professional E&O Liability coverage only applies for services that are usual and customary to the practice of a Registered Professional Forester. (The by-laws and/or regulations established by your College would set out what falls within these parameters.) If your practice goes beyond the services noted here, please contact our office for alternate coverage options for your liability insurance needs.
- Coverage is provided for the firm, and its employees while conducting business for the firm.
- CGL coverage can only be purchased if E&O coverage is in place
- Defense costs are provided in excess to your policy limit.
- A Cessation of Business Endorsement applies to the E&O policy which is a great extension with fantastic value for this type of policy – it is not required for the CGL.
- $1 million Forest Fire Fighting Expense coverage is included in the CGL coverage.
- Exclusions apply to the policy, as they do on all insurance policies. We recommend that you read your policy thoroughly; however, some in this E&O policy which may be of interest to you are:
- Joint Ventures
- Related Entities
- Computer and Information Technology services including software design, installation, sales, or outsourcing
- Intellectual Property Infringement
- Boundary Surveys/Sub-Surface Condition Surveys
- Certain Pollution related work is also excluded
- The CGL also excludes bodily injury and property damage arising from locations outside of Canada, and Sub-Contractors/Sub-Consultants.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you would like to look at other options outside this program, please contact:
Jordan Fellner, Account Manager
Purchase Professional Insurance Policy Online