Basic Coverage | Extended Liability | Collision | Comprehensive | Specified Perils | Loss of Use | Roadstar Package | Roadside Plus Package | Limited Depreciation Policy | Replacement Cost Policy |
Your basic Autoplan includes five main types of coverage:
- Third party legal liability if you injure someone or damage personal property and the law says you are responsible
- Accident benefits including medical and rehabilitation expenses, wage loss benefits, homemaker benefits, funeral expenses and death benefits
- Underinsured motorist protection
- Hit-and-run and uninsured motorist coverage
- Inverse liability coverage
- Coverage is valid only in Canada and the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii [but not in Mexico or any other country]
- You may not be covered if:
- your vehicle is not properly rated
- your crash resulted from avoiding the police or using a vehicle for an illicit or illegal purpose
- the operator of the vehicle was driving without a valid drivers license or your license was suspended
- you are found impaired by alcohol, drugs or another intoxicating substance at the time of crash
- you present a fraudulent or exaggerated claim
- your vehicle was deliberately used to cause loss or damage
- your claim results from acts of war, rebellion, insurrection or a nuclear energy hazard
- Your Basic Autoplan coverage includes only $200,000 liability. This can be extended up to $5,000,000 for an additional premium. Businesses may purchase up to $10,000,000 for commercial purposes. Call your local HUB Barton office for more details.
- You may purchase collision coverage to pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it has been damaged as the result of upset or collision with another vehicle; a person or an object, including the ground or highway; or impact with an object on or in the ground. You may not be able to purchase this coverage if you have a history of at-fault crashes.
- Comprehensive coverage insures loss or damage by any cause except for loss or damage caused by collision coverage. This includes, but is not limited to, coverage for loss or damage caused by fire, theft, vandalism, lightning, theft, impact with animals, rising water, windstorm, earthquake and hail.
- This is a more restricted coverage providing specific coverage only against fire, lightning, theft (except by an employee or member of your household), windstorm, earthquake, hail, explosion, riot, civil commotion, falling or forced landing of an aircraft or portion of it, rising water or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of a conveyance transporting the vehicle on land or water. Losses caused by vandalism, malicious mischief, damage to windshields or impact with animals is not covered.
Loss of Use:
- Loss of use coverage pays for the cost of substitute transportation while your vehicle is being repaired as the result of an insurable claim.
- The RoadStar package can be purchased by motorists with the appropriate safe driving discount. It costs $21 per policy term if you carry full coverage and $42 if you do not. This coverage is available for private passenger vehicles, motorhomes or light commercial vehicles operating under certain rate classes.
- The RoadStar package offers coverage for loss of use, rental vehicle policy, vehicle travel protection and lock re-keying.
- Call your local HUB Barton office for more details.
Roadside Plus Package:
- This reasonably priced group of optional coverages is available to almost all of ICBC's customers, as long as collision is purchased with a deductible of $1000 or less. The Roadside Plus package offers Loss of Use, Rental Vehicle, Travel Protection, Lock Re-Keying, Theft Deductible waiver, Destination Assistance, Emergency Roadside Expense repayment and Family Worldwide Transportation.
Limited Depreciation Policy:
- The Limited Depreciation policy can be purchased if your vehicle is not more than three model years old, even if you are not purchasing the vehicle new. It increases the amount payable to you in the event of a claim by limiting the amount of depreciation your settlement would normally be subject to.
- If your vehicle was purchased brand new and you have a total loss, under Limited Depreciation coverage you will receive the least of the:
- purchase price
- manufacturer's suggested retail price at the time of your purchase
- replacement of your vehicle with a vehicle of like make, model, model year, and style with similar options.
- If your vehicle was purchased used and you have a total loss, under Limited Depreciation coverage you will receive the least of the:
- replacement of your vehicle with a vehicle of like make, model, model year, and style with similar options, or if this is not available
- manufacturer's suggested retail price (90 percent) of your vehicle at the time it was manufactured.
- Roadstars are eligible the more extended Replacement Cost policy.
- This policy is subject to restrictions. See your local HUB Barton office for details.
Replacement Cost Policy
- Like the Limited Depreciation policy, the Replacement Cost policy can be purchased if your vehicle is not more than three model years old, even if you are not purchasing the vehicle new.
- In the event of a total loss the Replacement Cost policy will replace your vehicle with the most current model of that same vehicle with similar equipment and options, if that replacement can be delivered within 30 days of the date your vehicle was determined to be a total loss.
- If a replacement vehicle cannot be obtained within 30 days, you will receive a cash payment equivalent to the purchase price of your vehicle or the manufacturer's suggested retail price at the time you bought your vehicle, whichever is less, plus additional markup for inflation of:
- 2.5 percent for vehicles in model year one
- 5 percent for vehicles in model year two
- 7.5 percent for vehicles in model year three
New Vehicle Replacement Plus
This policy protects against depreciation andinflation. If the cost to repair your vehicle is more than 50 per cent of itsvalue, ICBC will pay you a settlement based on what it costs to replace yourvehicle with a new one of the same make and model, at current market prices (ifthat model is still available).
You are eligible to purchase this coverage ifyou are the first owner of a new vehicle (current or future model year) andhave any Optional Autoplan coverage with a 20 per cent discount or higher withICBC.
You can buy New Vehicle Replacement Plus directly from oneof our Autoplan Agents.
- This policy is subject to restrictions. Call your local HUB Barton office for details.
For more information, please contact us at: 1-800-668-2112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org